Work Permits for Camp Counselors

Are you looking to qualify for a Camp Counselor work permit to work at a residential summer camp in Canada? If so, you’re in the right place!

How do I qualify for a work permit as a player or coach?

The Camp Counselor Work Permit is a program designed for residential summer camp counselors who need a work permit to work temporarily in Canada. 


If you want to qualify for a Camp Counselor Work Permit for Canada, there are a few requirements you must meet.


First, you must be at least 18 years old (or obtain consent/permission from your parents/guardians) and have the appropriate visas and documentation to enter Canada. This may include a valid passport and any necessary travel visas.


Second, you must have a job offer from a Canadian residential camp that is offering a summer camp program. This program allows Canadian camps to hire camp counselors from the United States and other countries, provided they meet certain requirements.


Third, you must have relevant experience and training as a camp counselor. This may include previous experience working at a camp, as well as any relevant certifications or training in areas such as first aid, child development, and outdoor education.


If you meet these requirements, you may be eligible to apply for a Camp Counselor Work Permit for Canada. You can do this by completing and submitting the appropriate application form, along with any necessary supporting documents.


It’s important to note that the Camp Counselor Work Permit is valid for a specific period of time, typically the duration of the camp season. You may need to reapply for a new permit if you wish to continue working at the camp in subsequent seasons.

Can I extend my stay in Canada after my summer camp job has ended?

You may apply to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor after your summer camp job has ended. You must apply for your extension before your work permit expires. Applications for extensions should be submitted online, inside of Canada, together with the appropriate application fees.

Can I work for another employer in Canada during or after my summer camp job has ended?

Your Camp Counselor work permit is a “closed” work permit, meaning that you can only work for the camp named on your work permit. You cannot work in another camp, or for any other employer. 

You also cannot work in another job after your summer camp job has ended unless you apply for and are issued a new work permit.

You can apply for a new work permit inside of Canada, provided you meet the requirements of a work permit program.

The International Experience Canada program offers excellent options for some young adults to obtain a working holiday “open” work permit or young professional “closed” work permit.

How can a Canadian immigration lawyer help me apply for a Camp Counselor Work Permit?

Mandelbaum Immigration Lawyers can conduct a work permit assessment for you. We can guide you on whether your job offer qualifies, inform you what specific documents are needed for your case, prepare your application or employer petition, submit your application and prepare you for your visa interview.

Do you assist camps or placement agencies with applying for work permits for camp counselors?

Mandelbaum Immigration Lawyers helps camps as well as summer camp placement organizations with their work permit applications. We have a streamlined process, competitive rates and extensive experience assisting summer camps with obtaining work permits and travel visas for their summer camp counselors.

How can I schedule a consultation appointment?

Simply provide us with your name, email address and phone number by emailing us at, and our office will contact you to arrange a consultation with a lawyer.

Table of Contents

Not found


Request a Consultation with our Professionals.



Request a Consultation with our Professionals.