EB2 Permanent Residency
Are you interested in obtaining an EB2 permanent resident visa? The EB2 Immigrant Visa is a type of visa for individuals with advanced degrees or exceptional abilities in their field. If you are a person with advanced degrees or exceptional abilities in your field, an EB2 visa may be a good option for you.
How do I qualify for an EB2 visa to the United States?
If you want to qualify for EB2 permanent residency, also known as an employment-based second preference visa, there are a few requirements you must meet.
To qualify for an EB2 Immigrant Visa, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Hold an advanced degree (beyond a bachelor’s degree) or its equivalent
- Have a minimum of 5 years of progressive post-bachelor’s degree experience in their field
- Have exceptional ability in their field, as demonstrated by a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered
How do I apply for an EB2 visa?
If you meet these requirements, you may be eligible to apply for EB1A permanent residency by following these steps:
- Step 1: Obtain a job offer and labor certification from a U.S. employer.
- Step 2: File an I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- Step 3: Wait for the I-140 to be approved.
- Step 4: Check the Visa Bulletin to see if a visa number is available for you.
- Step 5: File Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, if a visa number is available.
- Step 6: Attend an interview at a U.S. consulate or embassy, if required.
- Step 7: Wait for a decision on your application.
It is important to note that the EB2 Immigrant Visa process can be quite complicated, and it may be beneficial to consult with an immigration attorney for guidance. Additionally, it is important to stay up to date on the latest government regulations and procedures for this type of visa.
What documents are required for an EB2 visa?
To apply for an EB2 visa, you must collect the required documents and pay the required fees. Some of the documents required are:
- Proof of advanced degree or equivalent
- Proof of exceptional ability
- Labor certification from U.S. employer
- Job offer from U.S. employer
- I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
- Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
- Other supporting documents as required by USCIS
Who can help me understand if an EB2 visa is right for me?
Applying for an EB2 Immigrant Visa can be a complex process, but with the right qualifications and proper steps, you can achieve your goal of working and living in the United States. It is important to consult with an immigration attorney and stay informed about the latest government regulations and procedures to increase your chances of success.
How can a U.S. immigration attorney help me apply for an EB2 visa?
Mandelbaum Immigration Lawyers can conduct an EB2 visa assessment for you. We can guide you on whether your job offer qualifies, inform you what specific documents are needed for your case, prepare your application or employer petition, submit your application and prepare you for your visa interview.