How do I move to Canada?

Immigration is the legal process for moving to Canada and acquiring status in Canada.

Persons who wish to move to Canada must apply to the Government of Canada for immigration status.

Only foreign nationals – persons who are neither Canadian citizens nor permanent residents of Canada – can apply for Canadian immigration status.

move to canada

How does it work?

There are two types of immigration status in Canada:
permanent residency status and temporary residency status.

There are also other types of status in Canada which are not considered
immigration status, such as refugee status or protected person status.

Mandelbaum lawyers

Step 1

Connect with us
from any device.

Simply provide us with your name, email address and phone number by filling out our contact form, or by emailing us at, and our office will contact you to arrange a consultation with a lawyer.

step 2

Consult with an immigration lawyer

Our lawyers can help you determine which type of status is appropriate for your circumstances.

step 3

Get matched with the right visa for you.

You can read more on our website about our professional immigration services and how we can help you move to Canada by acquiring permanent residency or temporary residency, or you can contact us to schedule a consultation appointment.

Not found


Request a Consultation with our Professionals.



Request a Consultation with our Professionals.